Monday, July 12, 2010

Hair Torture

I filled in at the TV station last week because there were several people on vacation. When my husband got back from his weekend float trip with his buddies, he was less than impressed with the mess I left in the bathroom. Farm wives don't need to use five hair appliances each morning, but news anchors do. But more important than the hair dryer, two sets of curlers, curling iron and straightener, is the teasing comb. I could give Dolly Parton and her wigs a run for their money with the amount of back-combing I do when I'm on TV. 


Aren't I a beauty? And that's only one section done. You should see when I get the sides going. It's just plain scary. I've threatened not to tame it down or smooth it out before going on air. Maybe next time I won't. What are they going to do, fire me?

No comments: