Friday, January 14, 2011

Aprons, Aprons, and More Aprons

To all of my friends who swear I just hang out all day and eat Bon Bons while watching soap operas: I have proof that I am doing something sorta productive.

((But I can't ignore the fact that there just may happen to be a TV in my sewing room that at any given time may have trashy reality show reruns on. And while there may not be Bon Bons, I am the guilty party who snuck and ate that entire box of Ding-Dongs that somebody made the mistake of setting down in the farm shop. Oops!))

But I digress.

Back to the business at hand.

I have been an apron making machine the past couple of months. And now that the holidays are over, I can slow down for a second and bore the complete heck out of you with pictures of a few of my projects.


Hands down, without a doubt, this was my favorite apron set. It was a gift ordered for the chief meteorologist at my old TV station and her tiny little niece.

You probably can't tell with my crappy photography skills, but their names are embroidered in hot pink.

                             

The most animated meteorologist ever.
Who incidentally happens to be one of the craziest, but coolest, girls I know.


This is a project I worked on for a friend in San Diego. His girlfriend has recently taken on the hobby of cooking.


And he has already declared her Pacific Beach's best chef. What a guy!


The jeweler's apron. I never thought I would make an apron out the denim. But it turns out that is the fabric of choice for jewelers when they are working with their soldering irons. 


Being a Kansas girl, I love the sunflower apron!


This apron was designed for a lady whose kitchen has stainless steel appliances and black granite counter tops. She'll blend right in :-)

I made about 20 more aprons for Christmas orders, but I didn't take pictures of them. Lucky you!

And right when I thought I couldn't look at another apron, a friend called and saved the day. She needed some baby gifts. A welcome diversion.


Remember my super cool grandma who sends me fabric all the time? Well, she's still at it! Which means, I get to make lots of fun new styles for spring and summer. Soooo.... I have put several of my fall/winter styles on sale to make room! Check them out here!

1 comment:

Maggie P. said...

LOVE these! Especially the matching zebra ones! :D Adorable!!
<3
And the towels are cute, too!
Keep up the good work!