Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Redemption

It's 2:00 in the morning and I am blogging on my iPhone.

In the field.

Just to let you know, that in a pinch, girlfriend can get her shiz together and redeem herself as a heavy equipment operator on this farm.

Does a forklift count as heavy equipment?

Who cares. It does tonight.

And in 30 degree weather and no cab, I better be earning some serious brownie points around this joint. I mean, I missed the season premiere of 16 And Pregnant for this as well as a highly anticipated episode of The Real Housewives of Orange County. (Both of which my husband has unsuccessfully banned me from watching.)

I take that back, he's having some pretty good success tonight.

All this for the love of a man, and for his love of farming.

Why can't I love a man who works 9:00-5:00?

3 comments:

barnyardbarbie said...

Girl that is so true! The hours are soooo not set to anything that arranges around life..oh well guess thats what makes life life :-) Good blog post :-)

Pancho said...

Why? Why, I ask....are you having to operate heavy equip. at 2:00 a.m.???

The Farmer's Trophy Wife said...

I just found your blog and you are FUNNY! I am now a huge fan!!! And p.s. you are soooo not alone, been there, done that. But now with 3 kids under 4...he doesn't even bother asking! ;)