Saturday, April 21, 2012

Two Left Feet

When I was on vacation in January, I was on a mission to find some black boots.

I found these in Kansas and just had to have them.


Obnoxious? Yes.

But I mean, who wouldn't want them?

My husband tried to talk some sense into me. For one, I never tuck my jeans in my boots (as a matter of fact I make fun of people who do --  because 90% of the time it's totally unnecessary and they are just d-bags trying too hard to look the part) so he convinced me not to buy them just because I liked the Kansas State Powercat on them.

Oh yeah, and something about white not being practical.

La, la, la, I can't hear you.

 He said if I wanted black boots, I would find oodles of them at the stock show in Denver the following week. Except I highly doubt he said oodles.

So I didn't buy them.

And I found oodles of not cool black boots at the stock show and went home empty handed.
 
Everyone I know has seen the above picture on my phone and they are sooooo over hearing about these boots.

So I finally just ordered them the other day.

It was like Christmas when the box came.

And then I pulled out two left boots.


Of course this would happen.

Except I was only blessed with one left foot. And incidentally a right foot as well.

I almost cried.

Okay, not really. That would make me a total pansy.

I called the store in Kansas I ordered them from and explained my dilemma. They told me to ship them back and they would swap out a left for a right.

When I sent them back last week, I accompanied them with this letter:


Dear Vanderbilt's Employee -

Wrong boots ... yada, yada, blah, blah, blah...

My husband said I should have you reimburse me for shipping, but I'm not a hardass like that. But I sure wouldn't complain if you just happened to include a cute K-State t-shirt (women's size small/medium) in the box.

He is a WVU grad and we live in West Virginia. I am a die-hard KSU fan from Lindsborg. I need to show these jokers what's up when the Mountaineers join the Big XII next year. Thanks, you're awesome.

-Andrea

I'll let you know in the very near future if I am the proud new owner of a purple t-shirt.

As a matter of fact, Kansas friends: you should stop by Vanderbilt's and tell them to go ahead and throw in some cute jeans and a couple of belts as repayment for my tramatic distress.

Cool, thanks.

No comments: