Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Child of God


My sweet baby boy was baptized not too long ago.

We were waiting until a time when both sides of our families could be in town for it.

Which didn't happen until August was seven months old.

Needless to say, my super-sized little boy had long outgrown our family baptismal gown at that point. And my great ambitions of making one out of my wedding dress never came to fruition.

So I cut up a brand new, perfectly good toddler suit and reconfigured it into my own little Dapper Dan creation. 


I was thrilled when our pastor not only allowed, but encouraged us to photograph the baptism.


She says it's a day that should be documented and remembered.

And I couldn't agree more.






We asked J's cousin Eddie to be August's godfather / baptismal sponsor.


He holds the same values, ideals and beliefs as we do, and will be an excellent example and spiritual guide for August as he grows up.


They are good buddies already.


We had a brief reception at church following the baptism and then a family dinner at my in-law's.


August wasn't really into all the formalities though, he was more interested in his jumper seat at his grandparents' house.


And his rocking horse.


It's no joke that first grandchildren lack for nothing.


Enjoy it now, buddy.

One of these days a cousin or sibling will come along and steal your spotlight.


No comments: