Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

I have a bone to pick with Mother Nature.

She may be powerful, but I have a big mouth and a lot of opinions.

And in my opinion, she needs to skip on over this April showers nonsense and move straight to the May flowers thing.

Speaking of May flowers, it has been too flippin' wet and muddy for me to even plant any flowers. So these buckets of rain that keep falling? All for nothing.


With the rain and mud keeping us indoors, Woodrow has gone from depressed to down right distressed.

Look at him. He's now permanently rolled up into the canine fetal position on the couch in the farm office.

I've had to clear the area of all sharp objects and anything that would cause him to do self-inflicted harm to himself.

This is serious stuff.


I have diagnosed him with SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I mean, look at those eyes. He's just crying out for sunshine and 4-wheeler rides.


The grass in under water.


The wheat is under water.


His whole playground is covered in mud.


The little dude is so confused, he has taken his aggression out on the wheat.

He eats it now.

Bad doggy. You're messing with our yields.


It's even too wet outside for the frogs.


This little guy has taken up residence in the barn to stay dry.


He's been in the same spot for two days now.

I guess I better check to make sure he's even alive.


Poor Woody. He should be outside chasing the birds and annoying the cows, but it's back to the couch for now.


See this smile? It's fake. I'm getting really ticked off at all of this rain.

I just wanted to illustrate that I have been forced into wearing skirts and flip flops everyday now because of all of the standing water outside. I've had wet socks and drenched pant legs one too many times these past few weeks. And I hate wet socks.

Consider this a warning Mother Nature.

I mean business.

No comments: