Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Farm Fest

 
After a super-duper hot farm party last year, (okay, the last three years) we wised up and moved our annual bash to the fall.
 
 
The weather was perfect this year.
 
Just enough of a chill in the air to make it really feel like fall.

 
And I was feeling extra fall-ish, so we served caramel apples and pumpkin bread for appetizers.

 
And then a whole lotta comfort food and desserts after that.

 
Some of my favorite little people came.
 
Including Miss Mulledy Jane, the most stylish cowgirl around.

 
And her spur-wearing, belt buckle-sporting brother Elijah.
 
If kidnapping were legal, I would soooo steal these two.
 
And their newborn baby sister Berkeley Raine.

 
As usual, I forgot to take pictures during the party.

 
But did managed to get a couple of the cornhole games.

 
And I did snag a video of some friends (and awesome musicians) playing bluegrass with my husband. 



And then I caught it.

Out of the corner of my eye.

The public debut of the mandolin.

Guess what he played?

Of course, Copperhead Road.

I think it's still the only song he knows on it.

If you don't count The Gourd's rendition of Gin and Juice.

He does that, too.

 
And it's possible that I had just enough drinks in my system to sing a duet with my husband.
 
But you will never see that on here.
 
Ever.

1 comment:

barnyardbarbie said...

Love the deco! Very fall fun!